Saturday 21 January 2017

SCD Week 1 - Things I Learned/Things I Lost

Drum roll...

In week 1 I lost 
6 TI
0.3 BMI
2kg


My new 'doggie bowl'


Dinner out at a Weatherspoons - swopped the sausage and chips for an egg and side salad.

Things I learned

There are so many foods I couldn't contemplate eating without sauces. I've realised that if you're putting sauce on, say, schnitzel, you're not eating schnitzel, you're eating tomato ketchup with the consistency of schnitzel. 

I honestly feel like I'm tasting some foods for the first time

So much of my eating is just having something to do with my hands. Like when watching films. I've put together a file of things to practice on the guitar while watching and that helps some. I can nearly play the solo from Stairway To Heaven. 

One unintended side effect of a cheat day is you really become aware of what different food does to your body. My dodgy stomach has been better than average all week. The day after cheat day it's worse than average.

Update - I got really ill after this. Possible causes A) a bad cold that had been lurking hit me - then I can't sleep - no sleep leads to a bad stomach B) my body went into sugar/carb shock C) a bit of both.

Case in point. MGLW accidentally put 4 times the right amount of tandoori paste on a meal this week  to the point that eating it was physically painful. In the last few years consuming any food stronger than 'mildly spicy' would result in what Malcolm Tucker picturesquely called "arse-spraying mayhem'. This time - nothing. And I mean nothing. The difference? Gotta be carbs.

And veg and beans twice a day? Gotta make things 'looser' and ... erm ... 'breezier' right. Nope. 

Overall I've felt fuller, but not bloated. 

Just gotta stop eating so late.

Oh and cold showers make you scream like a girl and feel more alive.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.