Saturday 19 December 2020

Best of 2020

 

Here's my fave things I discovered in 2020

 

Favourite Albums of 2020 


Oxymoron (Nik Kershaw)

Magnified (Rosie Abbott)

Too Hard to Please (Phil Grafton)

(Honourable mention: Hamilton (Original Broadway Cast)


Favourite books I read in 2020


The Colour Purple (Alice Walker)

In Search of Al Howie (Jared Beasley)

Educated (Tara Westover)

Bad Blood: Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Startup (John Carreyrou)

An American Marriage (Tayari Jones)


(Honourable mention - Riding So High (Joe Goodden). I also reread the Dragon Tattoo trilogy and No Country for Old Men (twice! - hey remember lockdown?).

Four of my top five were recommended by my daughter

 

Favourite Films I watched in 2020


The Gentlemen

State of Play

Easy A

(watched them all twice!). Honourable mentions: Two Popes (netflix), Good Boys, Parasite, How to Build a Girl (prime), Mulan (disney+). Also watched The Big Lebowski (four times!) and The Nice Guys and Hot Fuzz (three times) never get old, man.


Favourite TV I watched in 2020

 

Broadchurch (all three seasons)

The Tick (prime) (season 2 is best)

Douglas - Hannah Gadsby (netflix)

Scott Bennett Live in Nottingham (youtube)

Honourable mention: The Umbrella Academy season 2 (netflix) and True Detective season 1 (for the fourth times!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.