Saturday 19 August 2017

Fat Times

Missed my Parkrun PB by 1 second today. My knee was freaking out as I approached the finish line so no big push. Then I lost my son (he went home). At home I got a free gift from Vitality - for entering the 'my summer goal' challenge - I thought it would be a free quote for health insurance, but it turned out to be this nifty little running bumbag 


thanks Vitality!

Two short holidays meant I put on 7lbs (mostly in sweets and red bull while driving) and the cunning plan of sticking to slow carb meals but then eating like a pig in between. 



Back home after 1 day back in training I lost 3lb, so fingers crossed I'll lose the rest of the holiday weight in a week or two.



By the way I discovered an alternative stay awake hack to Red Bull, Coffee and chewing gum. When you stop for a motorway break, do 3 laps of the car park (not in the car you dummy - running!). That wakes you up. 


Snowdon National Park, Wales


South Stack Rock, Wales


Coniston Water (in the distance), Lake District


Castlerigg Stone Circle, Cumbria


Loch Lomond, Scotland

Race To The Stones have released their 2018 dates - and it's NOT on my wedding anniversary. I think my plan is to do the Leicester Marathon and not die, and then if I can talk my GLW into letting me do it and it's not sold out then sign up for 2018. If that's not possible, train for 2019 and possibly sign up for one of the shorter events in 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.